Working in a team of highly experienced professionals, I was charged with creating copy across Barclays’ ever-growing digital account opening programme that meets strict commercial and editorial standards. Account opening is crucial to Barclays’ acquisition strategy, the broader ambition being to make Barclays the “Go-to” digital bank.
I helped to conceive, create, build and deliver several products across Barclays Plc’s Account Opening programme. This included developing detailed level requirements, scoping and writing the copy, messaging, emails, validation and documentation for an in-branch app that is being rolled out nationwide and for a product that allows new-to-bank customers to open an ISA. Writing copy for general “business as usual” maintenance programmes within the Account Opening programme. In an environment where senior stakeholder engagement (legal, compliance, data privacy, fraud) is critical to the success of a project, I was able to align those demands with those of the editorial and marketing departments. Building close working relationships with UX and customer engagement designers, project managers, business analysts and product owners is also key to the success of a project. The role called for engagement across many different disciplines while maintaining a keen eye on milestones and key delivery dates.
- Close collaboration with UX designers to optimise customer engagement (good working knowledge of Axure)
- A sound knowledge of how legal, compliance, AML and fraud concerns can impact on a customer’s digital journey
- A requirement to keep colleagues within the editorial department abreast of often fast-moving changes
- Involvement in all stages of production
- Development of DLRs (detailed level requirements)
- Copy creation and presentation, managing copy reviews and achieving sign-off from multiple stakeholders
- Close collaboration with development and testing, from SIT through to LCT
- Maintaining the high standards of stewardship that the bank demands